Deadline: July 1st, 2021
This is an open invitation to new startups and entrepreneurs that seek to advance the contribution of tourism to rural development and support recovery.
The UNWTO Startup Competition for 2021 is focused on creating opportunities in rural tourist destinations through innovation and digital transformation in tourism. Its primary objectives are:
- Alleviating poverty
- Curbing depopulation
- Closing the digital divide
- Supporting women and youth
CATEGORIES FOR APPLICATION
People – Projects that incentivize the creation of jobs and opportunities, promote gender and youth empowerment, build opportunities for vulnerable groups in rural areas.
Planet – Projects related to the promotion and protection of natural resources, namely the mitigation of the impact of tourism on waste, energy and water in rural areas.
Prosperity – Startups that provide innovative solutions through new business models, instruments that promote access to finance, markets and marketing for tourism in rural areas.
Propulsion of Rural Tech – Deep Tech – startups implementing new technologies to advance tourism and development in rural areas.
- Mentoring by UNWTO and top partners
- Tailored support for your startup
- Investment opportunities
- Form part of the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Form part of the UNWTO Best Tourism Villages of the World Pilot Initiative
- Scholarship opportunities for the Tourism Online Academy
- Opportunity to present your startup at the 14th UNWTO General Assembly in Marrakech Morocco
Don’t miss this awesome opportunity, APPLY NOW!
View webpage for more details