Deadline: May 5th, 2021
The African Liberty Writing Fellowship program is designed to identify promising freedom-minded African writers and provide them with the skills required to be successful in op-ed writing. Accepted applicants will complete a 5-week mandatory online course after which all candidates will be evaluated. The top twenty candidates will be recommended for admission as writing fellows.
1. Is this a paid fellowship?
– This is a paid fellowship. Compensation is contingent upon a monthly assessment. Please beware that we do not consider financial compensation until a fellow is inducted.
2. How competitive is the program?
– We received approximately 900 applications in 2020/2021. We admitted 60 to the 5-week training and inducted 35 as writing fellows. We hope to admit no more than 30 fellows for the 2021/2022 cohort.
3. Do you accept application for senior fellowship?
4. What qualifications do I need?
– An applicant has to be enrolled in, or must have graduated from, an African institution of higher learning. Or, be an African pursuing higher education outside the continent.
5. When does the program starts and end?
– Program start date is mid-June 2021; end date is mid-June 2022.
6. Where is the program taken?
– The entire program, from the 5-week training to the last day of fellowship, is done entirely online.