Deadline: April 30th, 2021
GirlEng Technovation Camp is organized with the aim of fostering young girls’ interest in STEM fields, this encomprises Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. The program is on the lookout for 60 high potential Grade 9 – 11 high school girls who aspire to be STEM leaders.
The camp is a 4-day active learning workshop that is designed to get girls to start thinking & acting like engineers.
During the course of the program, participants will be exposed to the basics of coding, take part in robotics workshops and learn about other emerging and future technologies. Impressionable young minds will also receive insights from more experienced female engineering students and professionals.
In adherence to COVID-19 regulations, GirlEng Technovation Camp will run in two phases each comprising of 30 girls each running in June-July 2021.
- Dates: 17-23 July, 2021*
- Venue: WomHub Offices, Rivonia Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Time: 08:00-17:00 daily
*Note that the dates are subject to change based on the South Africa school calendar.
Each candidate is expected to:
- Be a Grade 9 – 11 high school girl, currently studying mathematics and science;
- Show a high interest in pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) career;
- Reside in Johannesburg, South Africa, or surrounding areas;
- Be available for all four days of the workshop.
How To Apply?
Participants are selected through an application process. To apply, click here to fill out the form.