Deadline: April 23rd, 2021
COVID-19 has affected youth across the globe in a disproportionate manner. In its very unprecedented standard, the pandemic has caused harm that would probably be irreversible for a long time. Among many other disturbances to life as they knew it, young Africans have faced disruptions in education and training, income streams due to job losses, and social vulnerability. A year after the onset of the pandemic, it is absolutely clear that things are never going back to where we were in November 2019.
We believe that all youth have had unique experiences during the pandemic that can be expressed through media, works of art and innovations.
The Recover Africa Youth Competition invites youth to look back at their experiences and depict them for a chance to be part of the recovery process. By telling us your COVID-19 experience, you stand a chance to win 500 Euros to implement a community project of choice.
The competition rides on 3 categories modelled against creativity and innovation:
- Applicants can submit their experiences through photos. Such submissions should be accompanied by a video explaining what a photo represents.
- Applicants can submit their experiences through works of videos. Applicants are encouraged to be creative in their submissions.
- The competition allows the submission of applicant’s COVID inspired innovative works in any fields. This includes works and methodologies that bring about a new way of doing things including within the digital space.
The competition will be centered around the following cross-cutting themes in the agriculture and trade context:
- Climate Change.
- Youth Inclusion.
- Decent Livelihoods.
- Gender Equality.
- Impact of Covid-19.
- Child Protection.
- You stand a chance to win 500 Euros to implement a community project of choice.
- Applicants MUST be African youth aged between 18 – 35
- Submissions are entered in video format of no longer than 3 minutes.
- Only original works should be submitted.
To apply and for more information visit here.