Deadline: May 1st, 2021
The Pre-MEST program, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation and Young Africa Works, is currently looking for young people based in Ho, Kumasi, Bolga and Takoradi, Ghana, who have a keen interest in software entrepreneurship and a desire to build technology businesses, to join its first-ever cohort in Startup Creation to launch their own ventures. The course runs from May 17th – August 6th, 2021.
Over the course of 12-weeks, participants in this cohort will be given the opportunity to go from business idea to business venture by learning the essential business, communication and technology skills needed to become software entrepreneurs and start a successful early-stage tech company. Upon completion of the course, participants will have the opportunity to launch startups.
Participants will also receive dedicated mentorship throughout the program, as well as attend workshops and sessions designed to improve employability through soft skills training. The 12-week in-person program is tuition-free and requires full-time dedication for the duration of the course. Successful graduates will receive certification upon completion and the opportunity to launch tech-enabled businesses.
The Pre-MEST Startup Creation cohort curriculum will combine workshops with hands-on projects developed through a series of subject-focused sprints. Led in a bootcamp style, the participants develop relevant usable skills in technology and business. The Pre-MEST team will also give each cohort some learning work to complete before the program start date, to ensure they have the minimum skill levels to delve into projects and exercises from the first day.
- Market Research and Product Development
- Business Modelling
- Branding & Communications
- Market Testing and Traction
Who we are looking for:
- Young people between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- Must reside in Ghana, but can be from anywhere
- Passionate about technology and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Has a tech-related business idea or willing to develop one
- Preferably has past experience with entrepreneurship or within a startup environment
- Disciplined, motivated and a self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects
- A team player that can thrive working independently as well as collaboratively
- Should be able to commit full time for the duration of the course
Interested in applying? Please read the instructions below carefully before starting your application.
Please note – it is important that you complete all four steps and ensure you successfully submit your application by the deadline of April 30th, 2021.
This application will then be considered for admission into the program.
Click Here for more information on the application process.