Deadline: May 31st, 2021
Presenting yourself effectively is an essential tool in the business arena. A well-executed elevator pitch can, and will make sales, help generate capital, and lead to valuable partnerships. The Elevator Pitch Competition presents an opportunity to learn this important skill that we consider essential to growing a business.
All pitches will be evaluated by a panel of judges with points allocated for each criterion, as follows:
- Credibility and Quality of the Idea (20%)
- Clarity/Communication Skills (10%)
- Viability and Scalability of Model/Strategy (20%)
- Market Attractiveness, Financial Projection and Exit Potential (20%)
- Investor Interest Level/Willingness to Buy (20%)
- Enthusiasm and “WOW” factor (10%)
Eligibility & Registration
- The competition is free to enter.
- You can register as a team or an individual.
- Team registration:
Only the team lead should register. Only one person will deliver the pitch, but all members could be present at the preliminary round and at the final round, if selected as a finalist.
- You may only register one idea in each category. You may register a maximum of two pitches and/or be a member of two teams, but each pitch must be a different Commercial or Social Enterprise idea.
- You must own or be an employee of a technology or knowledge-based company and entrants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis from the pool of applicants who have completed the online application form and submitted their video presentation.
- You must be a startup founder in any of the 2 categories – brick & mortar owners can also enter. Your company must be less than five years old or you have not yet established a company. You must live or work in any one of the 5 target countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya or South Africa). You may be unfunded, have first round funding of under US$150,000 or self-funded/bootstrapped (no major outside funding).
- Students, young professionals and entrepreneurs are encouraged to participate.
- Each selected entrant will pitch their company to a panel of judges, who will adjudicate and provide feedback following each presentation in front of the audience.
For More Information, CLICK HERE.