Deadline: May 13th, 2021
DragonFruit Media is responsible for the successful management of the YouTube channels of some of the most influential creators on the planet (collectively, they boast of over 500,000+ followers of their clients across platforms). They strategize, script, and edit videos about everything from launching multimillion-dollar marketing campaigns to space travel, Elon Musk’s vision for education, Kendrick Lamar’s creative process, paleo living, and everything in between.
They’re looking for amazing freelance writers to bring ideas to life by writing scripts that will be presented on camera and animated by their editing team, then distributed to the world.
Every script starts with research (so you should LOVE getting in the weeds) and also needs engaging visual elements written into the script itself, so they’re looking for rock star candidates who can bring a vision to life.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
- You are a storyteller with a strong understanding of narrative technique and the three act structure.
- You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to the everyday viewer.
- You are enthusiastic about planning b-roll and animations for your scripts as well so they can be made visual (video editing experience preferred, but not necessary!).
- You’re an excellent communicator who questions and clarifies proactively so that your team can succeed.
- You respect deadlines and are passionate to get FANTASTIC work done quickly.
- You’re results-oriented and care about the outcomes your writing drives, not just the words themselves.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the creative team to research and ideate great video script ideas.
- Modifying and editing your writing to match client feedback and our style guides.
- Looking at YouTube retention charts and audience comments for feedback to improve your scripts each time.
- Conducting YouTube channel and video research to identify similar videos and use it to plan how you will make content.
- Checking on your scripting calendar set by the team ****in ClickUp, and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
Note: This is a remote job and earnings fall within the range of $200-$300 per script.