Deadline: September 12th, 2021
It is already established that most of the exceptional and emerging young artists in Africa express more and more the need to be accompanied in the process of hatching their creativity and in their professionalisation process. In terms of professionalisation, it has been demonstrated and accepted that professionals in the African cultural and creative sectors need to strengthen their technical skills in cultural management.
This is the rationale for the missions of the African Culture Fund (ACF), whose strategic priorities 1, 2 and 3 are respectively the development of skills, creation and artistic production and access to international markets.
Consequently, the African Culture Fund (ACF) has set up an incubation and support program for young visual artists and cultural managers, in partnership with the Kôrè Institute (IKAM) and with the support of the Swiss Cooperation in Mali, in order to select 16 young cultural managers from West Africa to take part in the BOOT CAMP. It is a project of professionalisation and reinforcement of the professions arts in Africa.
The 18-month pilot phase of the project (2021-2022) will bring together 25 young visual artists and cultural managers, 50% of whom will be women, selected through a rigorous and selective process to join the program in order to strengthen their technical, creative and competitive capacities.
Why You Should Apply
- The ACF-ACADEMY program covers the participation costs of the candidates for the entire duration of the Boot Camp (international transportation, accommodation, catering, intercity travel).
- Coaching and mentoring are provided by experienced professionals from all African regions.
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Professional Aptitude called Kôrè-Quality at the end of the ACF ACADEMY training programs. The Kôrè-Quality Certificate is recognised by the IKAM network and their partners from all regions of Africa.
Who Can Apply?
The ACF Bootcamp is open to young cultural actors/entrepreneurs in West Africa who meet the following criteria:
- Between 21 and 40 years old.
- Private cultural actor and/or operator.
- National of one of the West African countries.
- Possess/manage a cultural enterprise and/or a cultural event with at least 03 years of experience.
- Available to participate in the various training and networking sessions organised as part of this pilot phase of ACF-ACADEMY.
How To Apply
The application should include:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Copy of the identity card or other equivalent documents.
- Copy of the documents pertaining to the cultural enterprise (receipt, trade register or economic operator card, statutes, etc.).
- Brief presentation of the cultural enterprise and/or the cultural project.
- Copy of the most recent activity report (maximum 2020).
The selection committee will evaluate the applications using four (04) criteria:
- Commitment / Motivation of the cultural manager.
- Technical quality and originality of the cultural project or enterprise.
- Project economic or business model.
- Experience / background of the cultural manager or organisation.
Visit ACF Bootcamp for more information.