Deadline: October 31st, 2021
apexart offers exhibition opportunities for anyone, anywhere, to turn their idea into an apexart exhibition. Submissions are crowd-sourced and juried by an international group of more than 400 people including individuals and university classes around the world.
Each apexart season consists of nine exhibitions: five at apexart NYC and four in temporary venues around the world. Twice a year, apexart holds a month-long Open Call for Group Exhibitions to determine the following season.
Why You Should Apply
- Winning proposals become part of apexart’s exhibition season.
- Five winning exhibitions will receive a 10,000 USD budget, an “apexart” brochure, and full staff support for an exhibition in NYC.
Who Can Apply?
- Everyone, including curators, artists, writers, and creative individuals, regardless of experience level, background, or location, is invited to submit a proposal via an online application form.
- There are no prerequisites or fees to submit.
“What distinguishes our program is our democratic selection process. For each open call, an international panel of over 400 volunteer jurors participate in a crowd-sourced voting process. Projects are judged on the strength of the exhibition idea and the submitter’s ability to communicate it. By relinquishing the decision-making process and empowering our audience, we ensure that our exhibitions reflect their and others’ diversity and interests.”
- Proposals for New York City will be accepted from October 1–31, 2021.
- Proposals for international locations anywhere in the world will be accepted from February 1–March 1, 2022.