Deadline: December 1st, 2021
Applications are open for the ArtsEverywhere Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism 2022. The Fay Chiang Fellowship is a year-long program of support for any individual artist / journalist / writer / musician / producer / collective whose work integrates creative practice with rigorous journalistic research, writing and multimedia production.
The theme of the 2022 Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism is: “Fault Lines & Fragile States”.
Project proposals should conform to the approaches of reportage and long-form narrative storytelling exhibited in ArtsEverywhere’s Curse of Geography series. While they do not expect the work of the fellow to replicate the stories in the series, preferred submissions will emphasise collaborative engagement with independent artists, journalists, producers and/or cultural institutions. Projects highlighting critical issues in under-reported parts of the world will be given preference.
Why You Should Apply
- The fellow will receive $15,000 CAD as a fee and $5,000 CAD for travel, equipment and other project costs.
- We extend the opportunity for the fellow to exhibit/present their work at the 2023 ArtsEverywhere Festival (funds to attend the festival will be provided separately by ArtsEverywhere).
Who Can Apply?
- Open to any individual artist/journalist/writer/musician/producer/collective whose work integrates creative practice with rigorous journalistic research, writing and multimedia production.
- Applicants can come from anywhere in the world.
The selection committee’s final decision will be based on:
- the merit of the overall proposal
- quality background research and proof of concept
- feasibility of timeline and final project demonstrated experience creating compelling non-fiction content, and potential to impact positive social change.
How to Submit
Submission must include the following:
- Cover Letter: 1 page, single spaced, resume/cv, short bio
- Story Pitch: 500 words (concise, clear concept note)
- Treatment of your story idea that illustrates the narrative structure, arc, and connectivity with sources and potential partners
- Work Samples: 2 previous projects that demonstrate experience and quality of work
- A Letter of Reference: additional letters will be accepted, but are not required Website, digital portfolio, any links to previous or related work
- Website, digital portfolio, any links to previous or related work
All inquiries and proposals must be submitted to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation receipt within 24 hours. All applicants will be notified of their proposal’s status by the selection committee on December 15th, 2021.
NOTE: Fellows will be required to present a mid-project progress report, deliver the final project no later than December 15, 2022.
Visit ArtsEverywhere Fellowship for more information.