Deadline: September 24th, 2021
Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria is a national startup competition in partnership with the National Information Technology Development Agency that identifies and accelerates the top startups in Nigeria while connecting them to the MassChallenge global network. The program is focused on supporting early-stage startups across all industries that are based in Nigeria and interested in growing their business in the Nigerian market.
Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria will identify and accelerate top startups that are based in Nigeria and interested in growing their business in the Nigerian market. Startups selected for the program will participate in a week-long MassChallenge-led startup bootcamp followed by a pitch competition that will determine the top Bridge to MassChallenge Nigeria startups. The top startups will participate in a second week-long bootcamp where they’ll have access to the MassChallenge Boston or Israeli ecosystem.
This program targets innovative startups operating across all industries. Startups looking to apply must be operating and based in Nigeria. The program also aims to create a robust ecosystem to promote accountability and continuous quality improvement.
Why You Should Apply
Top startups will be selected to participate in an intensive, 4-month program that encompasses both online and in-person portions where startups develop and implement bespoke project plans to further their localisation journeys.
Startups will also receive:
- Tailored mentoring and coaching offered by NITDA and other local and global mentors of the MassChallenge network and the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Tailored curriculum based on startups’ specific needs
- Investment opportunities by facilitating connections to investors and a private demo-day
- Access to the MassChallenge global network
Who Can Apply?
- They look for entrepreneurs who want to take their businesses to the next level.
- They accept applications from early-stage and growth-stage startups from all over Nigeria from any industry. They are looking for Nigerian startups who want to grow locally while having global access to the MassChallenge network.
- Startups must:
- Demonstrate product/market fit
- Have a skilled and experienced team
- Be located in Nigeria and aspire to grow and scale within the Nigerian ecosystem
- Have raised less than ~$1M in equity-based funding and generated less than ~$2M in revenue in the last 12 months
How To Apply
- Apply to the program here.
- Create your entrepreneur profile (choose “B2MC Nigeria” for “Program of Interest”)
- Check your inbox and activate your account
- Create a new startup
- Apply to the B2MC Nigeria program
- Complete and submit your application
- If you have any questions regarding the application please reach out to B2MCNigeria@masschallenge.org
Visit MassChallenge Nigeria for more information.