Deadline: August 26th, 2021
The Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa (CHRDA) calls on interested writers to submit applications for a writing contract. This is part of a project with Swisspeace to produce a book titled The Unheard Voices of the Anglophone Crisis.
Several efforts have been made by the government, Civil Society Organisations, International Organisations and individuals to see a return of peace to the restive Anglophone Regions and the nation as a whole since the outbreak of the Anglophone crisis. Many internally displaced persons and refugees still find it difficult to regain their homes, fearing violence.
The basic question here is why are there still some major drawbacks despite all efforts to see a return of peace? It is observed that all actors involved in the peace process in the context of the Anglophone crisis have not been duly consulted. It is for this reason that CHRDA wants to come up with a comprehensive scientific document that will carry a multifaceted analysis of issues plaguing the Anglophone Regions of Cameroon, thereby proposing lasting solutions. This document will further serve as a reference for researchers all over the globe and a store of the
history of Cameroon for posterity.
Since this is a research project, data will be collected from the field by data collectors. The writers are responsible for developing creative content from the already analysed data gathered from the field for each of the various topics:
- A brief historical evolution of Cameroon. Focus will be on the economic evolution of Anglophone Cameroon with emphasis on the economic stifling.
- Motivations, experiences and aspirations of combatants and ex-combatants
- Impact of the Anglophone crisis on the population (captured in poetry, pictures, drawings, short stories etc.)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian situation
Who Can Apply?
- Applicant must be a citizen of Cameroon;
- Have at least a Bachelors degree in the Social Sciences, Arts and Law or other related fields;
- Be an author of any creative piece ( poem, novel, short story);
- Be fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge in French is an added advantage;
- Must be able to work effectively in a politically sensitive environment and exercise discretion, impartiality and neutrality.
How To Apply
Interested writers should submit their files comprising an original writing sample which reflects the writer’s creativity, a written application, Curriculum Vitae, photocopy of identification card and other supporting documents to email@example.com or deposit at CHRDA’s head office at Biaka Street-Bonduma, Buea, South West Region Cameroon on or before the deadline.