Deadline: June 21st, 2021
The WE Program is committed to providing an international self-sustainable program, offering low-cost education opportunities (WE-Class), engaging movers in their creativity (WE-Open Call) and supporting the development of artistic projects (WE-Award).
The WE Program values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive world, which we interpret as all people having fair access to the tools and resources they need to fulfil creative and community endeavours. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, language, culture, and geography, and strive to counter those inequities in our work.
The WE Open-Call invites every month proposals from dance artists who want to take creative risks, explore new ideas, develop an educational project, create a new work, explore new styles and techniques, and more.
- You’re over the age of 18.
- Dance or movement forms are a significant part of your project.
- You want to take creative risks, explore new ideas, develop an educational project, create a new work, explore new styles and techniques, etc.
Things To Note
- Application Materials must be completed in English.
- Selection Criteria | Project responses will be reviewed based on creativity & curiosity, feasibility of the proposed project, impact on the development of the artist and/or the community. Only those projects meeting the open call criteria will be reviewed.
- If selected, proof of age and identity will be required.
- A project does not have to be new. Existing projects may be just as competitive as new works.
- The jury is composed of 5 members from the movement community who alternate on each WE-Open Call.
- The jury reserves the right to divide the WE-Award between two or more applicants depending on the amount of the prize and the relevance of the artistic projects.
- The recipient of the WE-Award will be announced two to three weeks after the submission’s deadline.
- Amount of the WE-Award: EUR1,200