Are you a NIgerian entrepreneur solving social problems facing the residents of Nigeria? Are you in need of funding to start or scale your business? If yes, the International Breweries PLC Foundation invites you to apply for its Kickstart Program.
The International Breweries Foundation is an arm of International Breweries Plc that aims to deliver impactful, developmental, and sustainable projects. Kickstart is one of such initiatives that focus on enterprise growth and the development of young entrepreneurs.
Launched in Nigeria in 2016, the Kickstart program is a competition for young entrepreneurs and innovators, providing them with business skills training, development support, mentorship, and access to capital.
The ultimate objective of the program is to develop a young, vibrant and prosperous society by inculcating the culture of entrepreneurship among the youths. In turn, this will help reduce youth unemployment and improve the economic prosperity of the country.
Kickstart program is also available in other countries in Africa, as an initiative of the Africa Zone of the AB InBev Group. The program hitherto has been successfully implemented in South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, and Tanzania.
In Nigeria, the program has run three editions in the South West and South East region. Since 2019, the initiative has become a national intervention in Nigeria open to youths in the six geo-political zones of the country.
- Nigerians who live or have their business within Nigeria;
- Applicants must be between the ages 18 to 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers Licence; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc.) as at the last day of the application period;
- Applicants must be passionate and entrepreneurial in approach;
- Ready to operate the business on a full-time basis;
- Proficient in spoken and written English;
- Have an innovative business idea in need of a start-up capital OR
- Existing small businesses in need of capital to expand operations.
Up to 25 successful entrepreneurs will stand a chance to receive
- Grant funding
- Business coaching
At the grand event, winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It promises to be a high-profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Applicants should note that selection will be based on the merit and quality of their business case by a team of seasoned judges. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”.
The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application forms, which will be debated by the judges to ensure alignment and common ratings.