Date: Tuesdays (7 pm) & Thursdays (11 am)
You will be learning somatic movement lessons focused on functional movement patterns and how to improve the use of different body areas and integrate it with the rest of yourself.
Movement patterns, tightness and unease in our body parts are usually all linked together and very common. They can be often experienced as pain, headaches, stress, restricted breathing or bad posture.
Why You Should Apply?
These online classes can have an impact on your well being by:
- Reducing chronic muscle tension
- Improving flexibility and range of motion
- Completing tasks with less effort
- Improving sleep and breathing
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Improving balance, coordination and posture
- Increasing athletic performance
- Embodying graceful movement
Who Can Participate?
Everybody is welcome! Previous experience is not required.
- People with computer and sitting jobs.
- Dance, sport, yoga, music, artists.
- Movement professionals and enthusiasts.
- Anyone looking to improve the quality and range of movement or recover from injury.
- Anyone looking to calm down the nervous system and release stress.
Classes require just a space on the floor to lay down and free Zoom software.
How does it work?
Restructure your neuromuscular patterns to move without pain.
Classes are designed as movement inquiry. You will explore how you use and experience your body, and how you can improve it.
The tutor will guide you verbally in slow, gentle movement sequences. This process intends to change deep unconscious movement habits, that are causing unnecessary tension in the body, and to create space for more efficient use of self.
During the class, you will be mainly moving in laying position or sitting on the floor and following verbal guidance. There is no need to look at the screen, and your attention is free to focus on your own experience.