Daedline: September 29th, 2021
The Dream Building Fund powered by Global Sports Development (GSD) is a biennial call for projects aiming to support initiatives that solve problems within their communities.
The ITTF Foundation and its partner The Foundation of Global Sports Development (GSD) provide financial and knowledge support to change makers, that wish to use table tennis as a tool to improve an aspect of human welfare in their local reality. The expected impact results for the beneficiaries of these projects are therefore, not based on table tennis performance but rather its contribution towards one of the 17 UN SDGs.
The Dream Building Fund powered by GSD is based on:
- The idea of partnership where every stakeholder contributes to the success of the project
- Theory of Change (ToC) as the methodology used for planning, participation and evaluation to promote social change
Value of Funding
- Grand for individual projects ranges from EUR 10,000 – 35,000.
- The ITTF Foundation is to fund a total of approximately five projects this round.
- Each project should last for two to three years.
Why You Should Apply
- The chance to take your first steps towards your dream to improve the situation or conditions in your community.
- The knowledge to use a fun, physical distancing – physical activity, to share and realise your dream.
- The support and guidance from ITTF Foundation to develop your project.
- The opportunity to promote your project through ITTF Foundation channels.
- Access to a network and resources (not only the grant, but also: visibility, promotion, capacity building, equipment, monitoring and evaluation, transparency, and reporting on your impact).
Are you the change maker they have been looking for? Here is what you need:
- A clear understanding of the problem you wish to solve in your local community – linked to one of the world’s 17 most pressing problems (SDGs)
- A solution that uses Table Tennis as a tool to transform this problem
- A registered organisation overseeing the project
- Share your dream with us: Fill out the application form and accompanying document
Who Can Apply?
Any legally established and locally recognised non-profit, table tennis, sport, or social organisation with a project of bringing about positive change in its local or regional environment through the means of table tennis. The ITTF Foundation cannot support individuals directly; the support must go through a supporting or legally established organisation which is able to receive the grant.
- Must have a social/humanitarian impact goal, linked to a UN SDG (or target group)
- Must involve Table Tennis as a tool for change
- Must have a point of contact who speaks English and has access to internet
- Must have the capacity to carry out regular reporting in English
- Must have a registered organisation overseeing the project
- Must make a case for its needs and answer the question why they need support (coaching, equipment, communication, event etc.)
- Will to use social media and work with the Dream Building Fund to develop the projects communication plan
- Must fill in the application criteria by the deadline
- Must demonstrate the capacity to contribute at least 10% (more will be a positive indication of the sustainability of the project) of the total sum of the Project
A Step-by-Step Application Guide [Video]
How To Apply
You must provide all the following documents for a successful application.
- Proof of a legally registered entity or copy of your statutes. We accept .doc / .docx / .pdf / .jpeg / .png
- Official letter of support: From National Association, local development agency, government, embassy, National Olympic or Paralympic Committee, partner organisation, community centre, school. This should clear state their relationship to you and include the contact details. We accept .doc / .docx / .pdf / .jpeg / .png
- Child Protection Policy: Required when your project involves working with children, and we accept .doc / .docx / .pdf / .jpeg / .png
- Basic Project Frame
- Budget Forecast
- Elevator Pitch video: We accept .mpeg4 / .MOV / .AVI / .WMV / .FLV