Deadline: October 8th, 2021
Are you ready to join a community of global impact innovators? If yes then, Apply for a Halcyon Africa Intensive Fellowship! Halcyon Fellowships equip early-stage social entrepreneurs with tools and relationships they need to achieve scalable, lasting impact.
Halcyon’s Fellowships are free, with no fee or equity stake required. They are currently accepting applications for Africa Intensive Fellowship.
Value of Funding
Halcyon defines “early-stage” as idea to approximately $500,000 USD in revenue.
Why You Should Apply
- Equity free stipend
- Final showcase to pitch Halcyon community members, investors & strategic partners
- Pro-bono support from Halcyon’s legal, business, consulting, and technical partners including Fortune 500 companies and entrepreneurs who successfully scaled their businesses
- Mentorship and leadership coaching
- AWS cloud credits & training
- Skill development and capacity building programming
- Lifelong community of global impact innovators
- Halcyon team members who are always here to cheer for you and your impact!
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for Halcyon Africa Intensive Fellowships, you must meet Intensive Fellowship Specific Requirements:
- Founder and/or venture must be based in AND primarily serving Sub-Saharan Africa (this may include any Sub-Saharan Country and any business sector)
- Must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the 7 to 14 day residency in Washington, DC
- Must be able to participate in the virtual monthly training and mentoring sessions
- Must be able to obtain a visa for the residency
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- May apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who meet the above eligibility requirements.
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community
To be eligible for Halcyon Africa Intensive Fellowships, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be early stage (as early as idea stage to as late as approximately $500,000 USD in annual revenue)
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organisation
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Must be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture.
In general, they are looking for candidates who:
- Lead an early-stage for-profit or hybrid social business that solves a social and/or environmental issue and has the potential to grow and scale (both the business and the impact)
- Hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision of their social business, typically as a founder and CEO (ventures with multiple founders may apply with up to two co-founders)
- Will contribute to the growth and development of the Halcyon Fellow community by sharing your talents, expertise, and empathy with your peers
- Can travel to Washington, DC and stay at Halcyon for the duration of their residency as part of the Africa Intensive Fellowship; this is for approximately one week (tentatively February 16-25, 2022).
- Applicants for the Africa Intensive Fellowship must be currently based in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Visit Halycon Africa Fellows for more information.