Deadline: September 30th, 2021
The HortiFresh Female Business Accelerator program supports female-owned and female-led businesses in the horticultural sector.
If you’re looking to formalise your operations for growth; learn about governance, compliance and certifications; become more investment and/or export ready; receive an external auditor’s opinion, and; build a network of like-minded female entrepreneurs, then this opportunity is for you.
The goal of HortiFresh is to develop a sustainable and internationally competitive fruit and vegetable sector that contributes to inclusive economic growth, food and nutrition security. As part of its objectives, HortiFresh aims to improve access-to-finance for female-led/female-owned horticulture enterprises.
Key issues in this respect are the challenges managers of small and medium enterprises face in the area of business planning, financial and human resource management, and technical and agronomic production. To address this, HortiFresh is now recruiting for the second cohort of the HortiFresh Female Business Accelerator that supports existing female-led/female-owned businesses in Ghana in their next stage of growth.
Why You Should Apply
- The accelerator will provide support focusing on business strategy, sales and marketing, human resource, business administration, finance and accounting.
- This will comprise of a business needs assessment, monthly group trainings, regular coaching visits to assist with adoption of lessons learned, providing tailored advice, the development of business plans as well as an external financial and administrative audit.
- The overall objective is to contribute to the professionalisation of operations.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible to participate in the business accelerator:
- The business must be registered with the Registrar of Companies;
- The business should be female owned and/or female-led. The applicant’s active involvement in the business management is a key requirement;
- The business must have an active bank account;
- The applicant is able to articulate the business model and entrepreneurial opportunity;
- The business agrees to develop a business plan and audited financials, with support of the accelerator;
- The applicant is willing to commit seven (7) months to the coaching programme (10-15 workshop days at the Ghana Innovation Hub in Accra, and 1 day/month coaching time);
- The business will pay for their own transport to and from the Ghana Innovation Hub for workshops;
- The business is willing to adhere to policies and procedures of the programme and facility.
Please note that only one person per company can represent a business.
How to Apply
Interested businesses are invited to complete this application form and submit the following:
- A copy of the company’s registration certificate
- A cover letter signed by the representative of the organisation, authorising the applicant to apply and dedicate time to this program
- Business registration documents that serve as proof of female leadership or ownership in the business and active involvement in the business
A team at HortiFresh will screen the completed application forms and supporting documents and select those that best meet the criteria. These businesses will then be visited for a due diligence assessment early October. Up to 12 companies will be invited to participate in the business accelerator, which will start.
Visit Hortifresh FBA for more information.