Deadline: June 30th, 2021
The United Nations Ubuntu Leaders Academy (UUN) is a training and dialogue platform that seeks to bring changemakers across the world to speak on issues affecting them, to learn and share ideas with world leaders such as Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, Former Heads of State and other global leaders through Intergenerational dialogue. The Ubuntu United Nations will bring together 3 young people from each country of the 193 countries that are represented at the United Nations.
The Ubuntu United Nations will create a platform for the youth to acquire knowledge and skills to engage with peers and Global Leaders, learning from the examplary leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and Desmond Tutu among others. The Ubuntu United Nations training will be for 25 hours over 5 themed sessions conducted online, between October 24, 2021 and December 19, 2021, participation is free of charge.
During the training sessions ULA UUN in collaboration with Club de Madrid’s “Shared Societies” project, young people will also add their voices to Global Issues including:
- Peace and Reconciliation;
- Gender Equality;
- Poverty and Social Exclusion;
- Intercultural/ Interfaith Dialogue;
- Environmental crisis.
- The Ubuntu Leaders Academy and the Ubuntu Global Network will award a certificate of participation at the end of the training program, to all participants who have fully attended the sessions and complied with the regulations of the Ubuntu United Nations (1st edition).
- Open to young leaders aged between 18-35 from across the world;
- English language proficiency is essential;
- Full attendance is an essential requirement.
How To Apply
In the application form you need to:
- Attach one photo of yourself.
- Share a YouTube link containing a 3-minute video (max), in English, introducing yourself and letting them know about your motivation to attend the Ubuntu training.
We believe this article was helpful; if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other Social Platforms.