Deadline: July 25th, 2021
LEAP Africa is accepting applications into its Social Innovators Program 2021. The Social Innovators Program is a platform for equipping, empowering and showcasing young changemakers with requisite skills and effective tools for building sustainable enterprises.
Over the past years, LEAP Africa has partnered with IJnion Bank Nigeria, other corporate sponsors and development champions, to enable these young change makers transition their social change solutions into scalable social enterprises. Through a careful selection process, 40 highly motivated and young social innovators are chosen across a pool of applicants, to participate in activities outlined for the fellowship year.
Fellows are empowered through a series of training sessions (physical and online), mentorship, access to local & international funding and partnership opportunities, and importantly the opportunity to be a part of a global network of social change agents. These activities culminate into an award ceremony where outstanding Fellows are rewarded with a financial sustainability prize award and their work promoted on media platforms. The social ventures of the Fellows cover various aspects of the society, such as Agriculture, Youth Empowerment, Education, Science & Technology, Health, Law, Human Rights, among others.
- Get connected with seasoned professionals across different industries who will provide coaching and mentoring.
- Business support services to meet your organizational needs.
- Impactful sessions from world class experts to enhance your organization’s sustainability and investment readiness.
- Funding opportunities from local and international partners.
- A growing vibrant community of social innovators across Africa who are alumni of the Program.
They are seeking applications from budding social entrepreneurs who would be available and willing to participate in the various activities outlined for the fellowship year. The 2021/2022 fellowship cycle begins in November 2021 and ends November 2022.
An ideal SIP fellow should fit the profile outlined below:
- Young man or woman between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across their respective region.
- Applicants must be Initiators/Co-founders of a socially focused venture/enterprise and Foundation, located and registered in English speaking parts of Africa.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their ventures/ enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the time of this application.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship activities including implementation of appropriate systems to sustain their innovation over the course of the fellowship year.
- Applicants must not be enrolled on more than one fellowship program prior to the time of application.
In their review of applications, they will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship program and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
- Willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures to sustain the innovation developed.
How To Apply
All applicants must fill the application form and submit on or before 11:59 pm, sunday, July 25, 2021.