Deadline: Not Specified
Wirkers at the Photo & AV Studio Team have the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: photo & AV asset creation & global communication strategy. Their specialty is in capturing and creating photo & video assets that shape, enhance and support publicity campaigns for Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
Simply put, they produce the content that compels people to watch Netflix shows through earned media!
Netflix seeks a strategic individual to lead publicity campaigns, driven by A/V materials, for Netflix titles – photography, videos, the next big thing, such that their content stands out and makes an impact on the industry and consumers alike, compelling them to watch Netflix content.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative and self motivated personality, and a succinct communicator with a strong project management background. Being a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to be flexible and get the job done is essential, as is the ability to strategically plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
You’ll be working with TV/film productions, talent, filmmakers and publicity events as part of the Netflix PR team in the META region. Building relationships as well as working autonomously in a fast paced environment will be key to success.
- Develop and execute strategy for the META region, per project/title, to capture, produce and utilise creative material to enhance and support the publicity campaign throughout its lifecycle
- Oversee a slate of projects that include several original series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials
- Drive communication with your regional campaign publicist counterpart, marketing/social teams, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
- Hire and oversee unit photographers and video crews, including script and schedule review and communication with production
- Produce strong creative materials that shape and enhance the overall publicity campaign
- Assist with the asset management and servicing of material
- Oversee photography/video needs for premieres, events and photo shoots
- Manage budgets
- 5+ years of experience working in visual asset production in a creative environment in META region. Publicity, publishing, or communications background is preferable but not essential
- Strategic thought-partner
- Strong team player
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong eye for producing visual assets
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Understand and interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
- Understand the photography/video industry. Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
- Experience working in a global team is preferred, but not essential