Deadline: October 31st, 2021
NordArt 2022 International Call For Artists, one of the largest contemporary art exhibitions in Europe organized by Kunstwerk Carlshütte, has been recently opened for entries inviting artists from all around the world to submit their work.
NordArt is one of the largest juried exhibition of contemporary art in Europe, representing all facets of visual arts:
Between June and October, paintings and sculptures, photographs and installations by more than 200 selected artists (internationally renowned as well as newcomers) from all over the world come together as a monumental piece of art.
The artists will be selected by a jury by mid-February 2022. The jury is made up of curators, artists, an art historian, and the supervisory board and management.
The NordArt Prize is awarded annually to one artist. The prize winner is announced towards the end of the exhibition and is invited to participate in NordArt again. The award ceremony takes place at the NordArt opening in the following year.
Why You Should Apply
The NordArt-Prize is worth 10,000 EUR. The three Public Choice Awards are endowed with 1,000 euros each and come with an invitation to participate in the NordArt the following year.
Who Can Participate?
- Artists from all over the world can apply to participate in the exhibition.
- There is no entry fee to participate!
- Artist resume (Word or PDF file, max 1MB).
- Additional material (optional): texts, articles, reviews (Word or PDF file, max 1MB).
- Select field (painting, sculpture, installation, photo, etc.). Multiple selection possible.
- Upload images of artworks, which could be shown at NordArt: up to 10 files (1 MB max single file, formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, PDF), fill text fields with information. Field „web link“: link for video work or image file.
How to Apply
The application for participation at NordArt is preferably online via the application portal. Alternatively, applications can be submitted by email.
- Fill out text fields with personal data and upload artist resume (Word or PDF file, max 1 MB).
- Additional material (optional): texts, articles, reviews (Word or PDF file, max 1 MB).
- Select field (painting, sculpture, installation, photo, etc.). Multiple selection possible. If you like to realise your artwork on site, please select “Artist in Residence” and upload your project description (Word or PDF file, max 1MB). Information about the “Artist in Residence” can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Upload images of artworks, which could be shown at NordArt: up to 10 files (max 1MB each / JPG, GIF, PNG or PDF), fill text fields with information. Field “web link”: link for video work or image file. After the “submit”, a confirmation of receipt will automatically be sent to your e-mail address.
Alternative: Application by Email
- Application Form (PDF) – please download and fill out.
- Artist resume (curriculum vitae)
- Images of max. 10 artworks which could be shown at NordArt. Please label all images with title, year of origin, technique and size – in the file name or with extra document.
Optional: additional information and own catalogues. Works for NordArt can also be marked in the catalogue. Please do not send any original artworks.
Send email to: email@example.com
Visit NordArt for more information.