Deadline: September 3rd,2021
Outreachy Internship Program 2021-22 is an outstanding remote internship for the students and professionals to enhance their skills and to learn from an advanced network. Outreachy internships initiative is a chance for the interested individuals to form a collaborative community while working on open source.
The paid internship for people around the globe provides a platform where contributors from all over the world can share their ideas and can collaboratively work on a similar cause.
Furthermore, as this international internship opportunity is focused on diversity and cooperation, people who have remained subject to discrimination, gender bias, to systematic basis and also people who are from underrepresented communities have a great chance to make their names and get a lot of benefit out of this internship program.
Why You Should Apply
- The interns will get a stipend of a total of USD $5000 for three months.
- The interns will get a $500 travel grant.
- The interns will work under the supervision of world-class mentors.
- The interns will enter the pool where the employers find individuals for job hirings.
Who Can Apply?
- The participants can be from anywhere around the world.
- The candidate must be 18 years of age at the time of the internship.
- The candidate must be able to work full-time i.e. 40 hours per week.
- The candidates who are on any part-time jobs can apply but they have to fulfill the criteria of 40 hours per week of internship.
- The candidates who take leave from their full-time job can not apply. However, if they are willing to leave their full-time job for an internship are highly encouraged to apply.
- Students can also apply but if their school or university free them for 42 days for classes and exams.
- If the students are in the US on a study visa, their visas must allow them to work for 40 hours per week.If the candidate belongs to the Northern Hemisphere, he/she can only apply for the May-August internship cycle regardless of his/her place of stay.
- The candidates from India are also considered from Northern Hemisphere.
- The candidates who wish to apply for the December-March cycle must be from Southern Hemisphere.
- The candidates who are from the equator can apply for both cycles.
- The candidates who are already interns at Google Summer of Code can not apply.
How To Apply
- The candidate has to choose 1-2 projects for the Outreachy internships.
- The project will have some tasks which the applicant has to do on a collaborative basis.
- When the applicant has made any contribution to the taste it must be recorded on the Outreachy website.
- In order to record the contributions, the applicant has to go on to the community landing page linked from the project listing page and then click on the “Record Contributing Button”.
- The candidate has to add the links and contributions before the deadline.
- Once the candidate has uploaded or recorded the contributions, click the “Update Contribution’ and ‘Apply to this Project’ button.
Visit Outreachy Internship for more information.