Deadline: October 10th, 2021
Kawamura Arts and Cultural Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Socially Engaged Art Support Grant Program. The program aims to realise a better society through direct artist involvements with communities and societies, are attracting increasing attention among their approaches towards various controversies such as environmental issues, economic discrepancies, immigrant issues, and more others.
Socially Engaged Art Support Grant will support Socially Engaged Art projects that will take place in Japan and commit to the community and society; implement activities together with communities and residents; and aim to build and demonstrate models of a better society. This would further enhance in-depth relationships between art culture and the society and will contribute in cultivating higher cultural developments in Japan.
Value of Funding
- Number of grantee: Approximately 5 to 10 projects
- Grant Amount: Maximum of 3 million JPY in total
- Grant Period: From April 1st 2022 through March 31th 2023
- Socially Engaged Art Projects in Japan.
Who Can Apply?
- Applications need to fulfil requirements to be acknowledged legitimate:
- A socially-engaged art project that includes new suggestions for the community, social life, and social systems in the COVID-19 Related Chaos (or Post-Corona, With Corona).
- Projects applying strikingly new methods or ways of expression
- Socially Engaged Art projects that would be newly implemented in Japan
- Projects that would become a catalyst towards social changes
- Projects aiming to build and demonstrate models of a better society
- Projects with artists taking initiatives as its leader
- Dialogue based projects which focus on building continuous partner relationships with communities
- Projects which include a collaborative production process with participants
- Applications made by individuals and organisations fulfilling would be acknowledged legitimate:
- All age ranges, all nationalities
- Artists or Art organisations
Visit KACF for more information.