Deadline: November 15th, 2021
SzólóDuó 2022 will take place live in Budapest, if covid restrictions permit. However, preparing to every scenario regarding the changing rules and travel restrictions due to the pandemic, participants are required to submit a video recording when applying. Hopefully it won’t be the case but if the festival can not happen live, it will be moved online. Thus you will need a video about your performance when applying!
The competition program of the Festival can receive 20 solo and 20 duo performances to avoid overstressing the jury and the audience. The organisers want to ensure the possibility for everyone to perform regardless of the large number of applications, therefore SzoloDuo Festival is going to be completed with nomination-rounds. The nomination rounds will be held in three different countries.
The festival can not host performances in which there is no intention for a unique presentation, which means improvisations without any structure, or a choreography that was performed before will not be accepted.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply to the Festival with short solo or duo dance performances under the following conditions:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- The length of a solo performance can not be more than 6 minutes, and not more than 9 minutes in case of duo performances. Overrunning these time limits cause automatically disqualification of the participant
- Tools or instruments can be used in the performances but only if their installation is not taking more than 30 seconds previous to the performance.Tools (candles, water, dye) that can damage or soil the stage floor are forbidden to use!
- One choreographer/performer can apply with one solo and one duo production maximum.
- Present a complete registration material before deadline, which includes:
- Filled registration form
- Confirmation of paid registration fee
- Link of the video (in case of video nomination)
- Press-quality picture
- Accept terms of participation
- In order to attend the festival, participants have to follow the actual rules about COVID-19 and participants travelling from abroad have to fulfil the actual entry regulations to Hungary at the time. Please make sure to check it out at the consular service!
- Should be recorded in a black box, or under theatrical conditions
- Please be aware that we are not looking for dance films but recordings of finished, lit theatrical productions!
- Shot with one or maximum 2 fixed camera
- Full HD 1080p quality, landscape (16:9) format
- No filters, no graphic effects, no black and white, should be in color and without captions, without credits
- Share the video: upload a HD quality video on YouTube or any other online channel and share the link. Please upload it without a password! The video should be downloadable for the jury (app.form. 36. par.)
- Don’t forget the time limit!
- Contact person data (please put the family name in capital – all big letters)
- Production data
- Participants data (please put the family name in capital – all big letters)
- Phone number, e-mail address, what you regularly use
- Image photo of the production (you should send a press quality image photo, min. 300 dpi resolution)
- Video link to the video-nomination
- Short CV of the participants (max. 500 character per participant, please put the family name in capital – all big letters)
- Portrait photo of the participants -separately (min. 300 DPI resolution)
- Image photo of the production (If you would like to add a photo of the production to the brochure, you should send a press quality image photo, min. 300 dpi resolution)
- Portrait photo of the participants – separately (min. 300 DPI resolution)
- ALL photos should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application data cannot be changed!
The foundation can give supported accommodation to 15 foreign participants in our studio, but can not pay the travelling and the catering costs.
Visit SzólóDuó Dance Fest for more information.