Deadline: October 29th, 2021
Now in its 11th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria, is organised annually as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
“What is the role of technology in educating the African youth?”
Why You Should Apply
The UBA National Essay Competition will be giving scholarship awards to the best three contestants, with educational grants to any university of their choice.
- First prize – N3 million
- Second prize – N2.5 million
- Third prize – N2 million
Who Can Apply?
To participate in this competition, you must:
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Submit a passport photograph
- Submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
How to Apply
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Visit UBA Essay Competition for more information.