Deadline: September 27th, 2021
The UCT GSB Solution Space, in partnership with ayoba, have developed the E-Track Programme to support start-ups across the continent. The E-Track Programme is a three-phase venture acceleration programme. Phase one is the Venture Launch which focuses on validating the venture concept. Phase two is aimed at accelerating the development of the validated venture, and in phase three, the programme works on scaling ventures with the support of partners and investors.
The programme is designed to support individuals and teams to build scalable businesses with global potential. The programme targets high-impact individuals, aspiring entrepreneurs, and experienced founders.
Venture Launch is appropriate for participants, that have or want to, develop both for-profit and non-profit scale-ups. By the end of the Venture Launch course, teams will have developed, prototyped, and verified a novel product or service which can be developed further in the second phase of the E-Track Programme.
Venture Launch is a demanding course that pushes participants but also provides the resources to help them navigate the challenges of implementing an early-stage scale-up idea. Should participants decide not to continue with their ventures after the Venture Launch course, they will still leave having learnt critical and broadly applicable techniques about starting and launching a venture.
E-Track is a three-phase venture acceleration programme, tackling the various stages of venture building and development.
- Phase one is the 5-week Venture Launch course which focuses on validating the venture concept.
- Phase two is the 12-week Venture Exploitation course which is aimed at accelerating the development of the validated venture.
- Phase three is the 12-week Venture Scaling course where ventures are supported by ecosystem partners and investors to expand and thrive within their markets.
Who Can Apply?
- HIGH IMPACT INDIVIDUALS & SCALE-UPS: They are looking for innovation-driven and high impact scale-ups with solutions that are relevant to the African market and with global potential.
- INDIVIDUALS & TEAMS: They are looking for both high impact individuals and teams. Individual participants can either explore their own business idea or join an existing venture.
- PROTOTYPE / MVP: Most of the scale-ups enter with some sort of business case, early version of a product and a couple of team members. They have a working prototype with a minimum feature set ready to conduct early-market testing to further establish product and market fit.
- OPPORTUNITY & TRACTION: The initial concept development demonstrates deep and intimate understanding of the problem and market need or opportunity. The idea must have progressed beyond concept and should demonstrate evidence of early market testing, customers, revenues, patents or intellectual property filings.
Visit UCT GSB for more information.