Deadline: August 6th, 2021
Are you between 15 and 22? Are you a content creator? Would you like to learn from top professionals and connect with other young creators? Apply now for the UNICEF Youth Mediathon 2021!
The UNICEF’s Youth Mediathon is an online skills building program that gives you the opportunity to improve your abilities as content creator and work with other youth to develop multimedia projects about the issues affecting young people today.
Join one of the 2021 classes, led by top professionals in leading creative firms like GIPHY, and top creators like Atticus and IN-Q. You will have a chance apply the learnings from the program to create and publish your own content with UNICEF. The 2021 edition will launch on August 12 to mark International Youth Day.
- Poetry: As part of this group, you will work with young people around the world and learn from Atticus and IN-Q to develop a poetry based project. They want to see your poetry skills, so send in the best examples of your work.
- Animation and Illustration: As part of this group, you will take part in a workshop about content creation for digital platforms, and work with young people around the world and top creative professionals to develop an animation based project to create GIFs for World Children’s Day, UNICEF’s annual day of action for children, by children. This project will have the support of GIPHY and UNICEF mentors.
- Video Creation: As part of this group, you will work with young people around the world and top creative professionals to develop a short video challenge for World Children’s Day, UNICEF’s annual day of action for children, by children.
- Social Media Creativity: As part of this group, you will attend a workshop with Maxwell Zorick, Senior Director of Social Impact at the MTV Entertainment Group. You will learn how to create social impact campaigns and will be challenged to develop a multimedia project with other young content creators around the world, to be published in Voices of Youth and UNICEF social media channels. You will have the support and mentorship of UNICEF communication and social media experts. This project will require a mix of creative talents, from poetry, essays, photography, video, illustration, music, or whatever medium you prefer.
Who Can Apply?
- Open to Content Creators worldwide;
- Applicant should be between 15 and 22 years.