Deadline: June 30th, 2021
Apply now for a chance to be one of the Volunteers at the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games. On the occasion of the International Volunteers Day 2019, the Beijing 2022 organizing committee launched its “Building a Dream Toether” campaign, aimed at recruiting passionate and dedicated volunteers for the Olympic Winter Games in Beijing 2022.
Continuing the powerful legacy and spirit of volunteerism from the Olympic Games Beijing 2008, the Organising Committee plans to recruit 27,000 volunteers for the Olympic Winter Games and 12,000 volunteers for the Paralympic Winter Games. The volunteers selected will have the unique opportunity to work in one of the Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou competition zones and play a valuable role in a variety of areas such as sport, media operations, language services and technology.
The work areas open for volunteering include international relations, competition operations, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programmes, logistics, security, and transport, etc.
- Beijing 2022 will provide them with accreditation, uniform, food & beverages, appropriate insurance and relevant medical services;
- The Games volunteers will be requested to cover their own cost for travelling from the place of their residence to the competition zones of Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou. Upon arriving in the relevant competition zone, with their accreditation card, they can take the public bus, urban rail (excluding the airport line), and Games shuttle buses in and between competition zones for free;
- Beijing 2022 will mainly provide appropriate incentives to the Games volunteers including service certificates and relevant souvenirs.
Applicants from around the world are welcome to apply and become a part of this experience of a lifetime. Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
Must abide by Chinese laws and regulations, be willing to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- Must be minimum 18 years old on 1 January 2022 (born on or before 1 January 2004), and be in good health;
- Must have the knowledge and skills required for their positions;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in Chinese and/or English; and
- Must be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Will serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Have a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology; or
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, click here.