Deadline: October 4th, 2021
The WE Open-Call invites proposals from artists, on a monthly basis, who want to take creative risks, explore new ideas, develop an educational project, create a new work, explore new styles and techniques, and more… The Open Call is organised by the larger body, WE Program.
The WE Program is committed to providing an international self-sustainable program, offering low-cost education opportunities (WE-Class), engaging movers in their creativity (WE-Open Call) and supporting the development of artistic projects (WE-Award).
The WE Program values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive world, which we interpret as all people having fair access to the tools and resources they need to fulfil creative and community endeavours. They acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, language, culture, and geography, and strive to counter those inequities in our work.
Why You Should Apply?
- Expose your craft to a global audience.
- Winner gets a prize of 1,000 Euros
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
- You’re over the age of 18.
- Dance or movement forms are a significant part of your project.
- You want to take creative risks, explore new ideas, develop an educational project, create a new work, explore new styles and techniques, etc.
- Application Materials must be completed in English.
- Selection Criteria: Project responses will be reviewed based on creativity & curiosity, feasibility of the proposed project, impact on the development of the artist and/or the community. Only those projects meeting the open call criteria will be reviewed.
- A project does not have to be new. Existing projects may be just as competitive as new work.
- If selected, proof of age and identity will be required.
- All applicants will be notified of their application status. After notification, applicants who have questions may contact WE. Any applicant whose request has not been recommended for funding may ask for an explanation of the basis for not being selected. In such instances, they must be contacted no later than 7 days after the official notification.
- The recipient of the WE-Award will be announced one week after the submission’s deadline.
- The jury reserves the right to divide the WE-Award between two or more applicants depending on the amount of the prize and the relevance of the artistic projects.
Visit WE-Open Call for more information.