Deadline: November 30th, 2021
The Library Of Africa and The African Diaspora (LOATAD) has announced a new residency programme for West African Writers.
Writers are invited to apply to be in residence at LOATAD in Accra, Ghana, for a period of one month between March 2022 and July 2022.
Why You Should Apply
- The residency offers committed writers working on a long-form project uninterrupted time and space to focus on their work in a supportive environment with other writers from across the region.
- Writers will stay in self-contained rooms with all meals provided.
- The cost to attend the residency is free, however, travel to and from Ghana is the resident’s own expense.
This programme is generously supported by the ACP-EU Culture Programme West Africa.
Who Can Apply?
This call is open to writers of all genres at all stages of their writing careers including:
- Children’s and YA writers
- Poets and Performance Poets
- Academic writing
- Or any local language
Must be a citizen of one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Ivory Coast
- Sierra Leone
Must be aged 21 or over
Must commit to the full duration of the residency
How to Apply
Click the button below to fill the application form and upload the following documents in one single PDF document:
- Letter of motivation (one page)
- Description of the writing project you intend to work on while in residence including proposed outputs over the four weeks (one page)
- Writing sample of no more than 1500 words in English or with an English translation
- Name and contact information of two referees
Visit Library of Africa for more information.