Deadline: October 22nd, 2021
Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship is seeking applications for its Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Accelerator Program.
The Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Accelerator is for social enterprises that are intentional about supporting women in one or more of the following ways:
- Social Enterprise Leaders: The primary participant identifies as female and is a founder, CEO, or other top-level leader with decision-making authority.
- Employees: The business model intentionally creates more jobs for women within the enterprise.
- Value Chain Contributors: The organisation creates increasing business opportunities for women along its value chain (e.g., using a village sales agent model that is more amenable to women villagers’ lifestyle or buying products made by women).
- Customers: Predominantly female customers by design. In this case, “customers” refers to those who are positively impacted by the enterprise.
Who Can Apply?
The program is global and social enterprises operating all over the world are welcome to apply. However, the program is delivered in English so English-language fluency is required.
The centre encourages social enterprises to apply if they:
- Are committed to women’s economic empowerment through their business
- Address the needs of those living in poverty
- Can provide financial documentation and other business planning documents
- A senior leader (e.g., CEO, Executive Director, Managing Director)
- Fluent in English
- Has consistent and reliable access to internet connectivity
- Has the bandwidth to participate in the program’s 6-month duration, requiring an average of 4-6 hours/week
- Committed to creating positive benefits for people living in poverty, addressing one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Committed to scale its solution far beyond current operations
- Has been operational for at least a year and is delivering products/services to customers
- Has at least $20,000 USD but no more than $2M USD in annual earned income and is not entirely dependent on contributions or grants
- Has at least 3 paid, full-time employees (or equivalent)
- Has at least 3-months of cash runway
Visit WEE Program for more information.